Popularly known as ESWT (extracorporeal shockwave therapy), shockwave therapy has proven very effective in treating muscular-related injuries. It was first used in the year 1980 to treat kidney stones but has since significantly advanced in its use, and it is now preferred in some medical fields for treatment, primarily orthopedic. One of the uses of the shockwave treatment is in the cure of erectile dysfunction, which is what we will be considering in this article.
What is Shockwave Therapy?
This medical non-invasive treatment makes use of high-energy acoustic waves as a stimulant for natural body healing. Urologists call this therapy treatment low-intensity shockwaves therapy. In this therapy treatment, acoustic waves are sent to affected body parts, mostly muscle skeletal-related. This shockwave breaks down soft tissues, thereby increasing vascularization and blood flow and reducing inflammation.
In the case of erectile dysfunction, a wand-like device targets the acoustic shockwaves to stimulate the tissues in the penis and increase blood flow which is vital for penis erection.
Shockwave Therapy Cost
A typical shockwave therapy includes six to twelve treatment administrations, primarily according to your physician's prescription. The cost of the shockwave therapy will then vary depending on the number of sessions required for your specific case as research is carried out. The price range of payment for each session is between $400- $500. This price will differ in different medical institutions.
Low-intensity Shockwave Therapy Procedure
This procedure does not require any special preparation before your appointment day. No anesthesia is needed in this procedure, but it may come with some tingling feeling.
In this procedure, a wand-like device is moved around every part of the penis emitting gentle pulses. The pulses trigger an improved increase in blood flow in the penis and remodel penile tissue essential for an erection. It usually takes only about 15 mins to 20 mins per session, but in some cases, it may be repeated.
Shockwave Therapy Risks
Shockwave therapy is still a clinical therapy treatment experiment under investigation, so it doesn't come without its side effects. These side effects are primarily rare, and they include:
- Pain during the procedure
- Blood in the urine
- Penile skin bruises
- Painful erection
Shockwave therapy is said to be mostly safe, and these side effects are just a few that you may experience a few days after the procedure.
How Long Does It Take To Work?
The time that shockwave therapy takes to work varies in different individuals. The time required can be due to various factors, ranging from age, medical history, how severe the erectile dysfunction is, and so on.
Some patients report significant results just a few months after the procedure, while others may take a while before they can report such effective results. Nevertheless, shockwave therapy has been shown to guarantee significant results in one to three months; also, because of its effectiveness, it has had little to no follow-up treatment over the years.
A 2019 review and meta-analysis of clinical trials show that most treatment plans were administered twice weekly for three weeks with an interval of 3weeks before the same routine was carried out again. This treatment plan was believed to have effects that lasted for about a year.
Shockwave Therapy Is Helpful In:
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)- This is a case where a man cannot have erections due to a lack of blood flow to the penile tissue.
- Weak Erection- is similar to erectile dysfunction; patients find it hard to sustain an erection for sexual pleasure. A lack of blood flow to the penile tissue also causes it.
- Poor Penile Circulations- This is the cause of erectile dysfunction and poor circulation of blood flow in the penile tissue area.
- Peyronie's Disease- This disease is caused mainly by frequent injuries to the penis, which later results in fibrous scars tissues on the penis and causes curved and painful erections.
Penis Pump And Shockwave Therapy For Better Results
Let's consider first what a penis pump is:
A penis pump or electronic automatic penis pump is a device that uses a vacuum constriction system to increase blood flow in the penis, thereby causing an erection sustainable for sexual satisfaction. The penis pump can also be used by individuals to increase penis girth, but that is not the focus of this article.
This device contains impressive features that make it easy to use and guarantees the best results. Here are some of its features:
- A pending patent base- this helps make pumping more manageable and reduces stress
- Ultra- bright led screen that enables you to see the regulated pressure when pumping
- USB rechargeable for long-lasting life and portability
- Ultra-quiet vacuum motor for your privacy
- Detachable vacuum for easy cleaning and maintenance.
These and more are excellent benefits of the penis pump. The penis pump is best used in under 15mins to generate the perfect result and reduce the risk of marks or bruises around the penis.
Advantages Of Using The Penis Pump
- Low cost
- Non-invasive treatment
- Lesser risks compared to other treatments
- Durable and portable usage
- It works well with other ED treatments: One of the most vital parts of using the penis pump is that it doesn’t pose any risk when used with other erectile dysfunction treatments, such as shockwave therapy which we have considered above. Shockwave therapy and the penis pump are suitable treatments to help treat erectile dysfunction.
In a Nutshell
The shockwave therapy treatment is a phenomenal discovery that is helping a lot of patients with erectile dysfunction have hope of a better sex life. Considering the benefits of the penis pump, we can be sure of more outstanding and better results when used alongside a shockwave therapy treatment. With constant practice and proper use, the penis pump is also very effective, that people with mild erectile dysfunction can use only the penis pump to solve it.
If you’re looking for great penis pumps to support your ESWT, you can get top-notch and quality products from Zen Hanger. Just check out the catalog for the best penis enlargement devices today.
|Medical Disclaimer: If you have any medical conditions, questions, or concerns, please speak with your healthcare provider directly. The articles on Zen Hanger are underpinned by peer-reviewed research and information drawn from medical societies and governmental agencies. However, they are not a substitute for professional medical advice diagnosis, or treatment.|