The unrealistic ideas and images painted by society on what an ideal body should look like have made many of us unsatisfied with our bodies and ashamed of our nudeness. So, once you don't fit into society's definition of a perfect and attractive body, you feel inadequate or not good enough. Hence, it's no surprise that when it comes to male body image, penis size, and self-confidence are often linked.
Most men are anxious about their sexual performance, which can result in losing confidence during sexual activities and an inability to get an erection. The emphasis on penis size takes a social, mental, and physical toll on men. Most believe their penis size determines their manhood. These doubts and inadequacies about penis shape and size often stem from nasty comments in school changing rooms, from a sexual partner, or during puberty.
These doubts can lead men to avoid dating relationships and any kind of sexual intimacy due to fear of rejection. This is why it’s best to learn how to love your body the way it is. Your body is who you are; feeling insecure about it won't help your self-esteem. Embracing body positivity will help you love your body, including your penis, for what it is, even if it isn’t “perfect” based on society’s standards.
Debunking Myths About Penis Size
There are many misconceptions about penis size, which may arouse anxiety in some men. Here are some of the myths debunked:
- The bigger, the better: A lot of men believe that the bigger their penis, the easier it is to satisfy their women. But the truth is, for most women, many other things come before a penis size. An average penis size can be enough to satisfy your partner sexually. Penis size does not necessarily lead to sexual pleasure.
- The average size of an erected penis is between 7- 8 inches: There is a wide range of average penis sizes – no two penises are the same. The average length of a flaccid penis is between 2.8 to 3.9 inches and 4.7 to 6.3 inches for an erect length. There is nothing like a “right” size.
- Bigger shoe size means bigger penis: There is no direct link between a man’s height, shoe size, and the size of his penis – no scientific evidence to support any correlation between the size of other male body parts and the size of a penis. The size of your penis doesn’t reduce your masculinity.
- The size of a flaccid penis can predict the size of an erection: The link between flaccid and erect penis size differs among individuals. Two men with the same flaccid length may have significant differences in the length and girth of their erections.
- Penis size determines fertility: Penis size has no connection with fertility. The ability of a man to conceive a child depends mainly on the quality and quantity of his sperm.
Also Read: Male Infertility - What You Need to Know
If you’re still feeling unsatisfied or lack confidence in your penis size, there are non-invasive ways and exercises you can practice to enhance the size of your penis. There are penis traction devices specifically designed for men looking for ways to increase the size of their penis. You can improve the appearance of your manhood with a penis extender.
Psychological Factors and Self-Confidence
You don’t need to hate your body if it doesn’t match society’s idea of attractiveness. The most important thing is loving your body and stop comparing yourself to others. It all starts with your mind; hence, you must train it to see your body as perfect. Here are some of the things you can do to boost your self-confidence:
1. Shifting Perspectives: Embracing Body Positivity
You have the right to love your body without feeling ashamed, imperfect, incomplete, or guilty. Embracing body positivity enables you to reclaim your emotions, thoughts, bodies, and sexuality. It shifts your perspective to focus on only what matters: loving yourself. The concept of penis positivity prevents you from paying attention to stigmas and myths about penis size, but feel proud of your penis and enjoy them irrespective of its size, shape, or thickness. It is essential to celebrate your natural penis size and stop comparing yourself to the penises you see in porn.
2. Communication and Intimacy
Communication is critical to building a stronger bond in any relationship, sexual relationships inclusive. You and your partner should be able to discuss insecurities, fears, and medical or physical concerns that may affect your sex lives. Trust and talk to them if you feel you aren’t doing enough to satisfy your partner due to your penis size. Communication will enhance emotional and physical connection, and you get to understand each other's needs and desires. This leads to a deeper level of intimacy that strengthens the relationship. You can also discuss your sexual fantasies and try to experiment with new things together. This can lead to increased pleasure and a more profound sense of intimacy. Continuous communication can provide new ways and strategies that can satisfy both partners.
3. Seeking Support and Professional Help
Seeking professional help and support can provide you with the guidance and information you need to approach concerns about your penis size. If these concerns affect your mental health, self-confidence, and sexual behavior z consider help from a healthcare professional, sex therapist, or support groups of people who have dealt with similar issues. Seeking help will help provide the appropriate interventions or develop strategies to improve your body image and self-esteem. If you also wish to enhance your penis size with a penis weight hanger, discuss your plan with your healthcare professional before you start.
Most times, when men are insecure about anything, it’s usually about their penis size. Self-confidence and body positivity play an essential role in sexual satisfaction. As a man, your relevance as an individual and the quality of your relationships is not mainly determined by the size of your penis. Do not allow society's unrealistic standards to fool you into thinking that there’s penis size considered “perfect” or attractive.
Irrespective of your size, cultivate a positive body image, and embrace body positivity. Suppose you are preoccupied and unsatisfied with the size of your penis to the extent that it affects your daily lifestyle and sexual health. In that case, we recommend you try penis enhancement devices such as penis extenders and penis weight hangers. But, ensure you talk to your healthcare professionals first.
|Medical Disclaimer: If you have any medical conditions, questions, or concerns, please speak with your healthcare provider directly. The articles on Zen Hanger are underpinned by peer-reviewed research and information drawn from medical societies and governmental agencies. However, they are not a substitute for professional medical advice diagnosis, or treatment.|